Girls Golf Philosophies
We create experiences that help girls fall in love with the game
Golf is a transformative sport that inherently teaches valuable life lessons like honesty and perseverance, not to mention a good sense of humor! As one of the few sports that can be played for life, golf can also enrich lives and open doors for girls who want to play for fun, compete at the highest level, or to help advance their future careers.
With this in mind, we’ve made it our mission to provide girls with the best chance to fall in love with the game by creating girl-friendly environments to help them learn and thrive!
Fun is our hook, and, once we have the girls’ attention, we help teach them life skills all girls need like positive self-image, finding their voice, and learning to lead.
We’re glad you asked! Research consistently shows that girls reap the biggest rewards when learning in all-girl environments, which helps them feel more comfortable and gives them a space where they are free to be themselves.
Girls Golf sites make learning the game fun, social, and less-intimidating for girls who are just starting out, or want to play with other girls who share their interest in the game.
Our girl-friendly golf programs:
- Offer gender-specific programming and activities for girls
- Include social and non-golf opportunities to create lasting friendships
- Give girls positive, female role models and mentor
- Provide girls opportunities to lead and give back by volunteering as mentors
- And inspire girls to live active and healthy lives
Which in turn helps girls:
- Feel more comfortable learning and developing skills
- Have heightened confidence in their abilities
- ready to embrace self-expression and communication
- And feel more comfortable engaging in group activities
Sometimes it’s NOT about Golf!
LPGA*USGA Girls Golf sites offer instruction from certified LPGA and PGA golf professionals who are passionate about sharing the game they love with juniors…and they’re equally as passionate about having fun while they do!
It’s our philosophy that everyone should learn the FUNdamentals of the game of golf. With this in mind, we pride ourselves in delivering golf instruction through engaging activities to foster learning and development.
A typical Girls Golf event could include anything from hitting marshmallows out of a bunker, taking a field trip to a professional golf tournament, or hosting a pirate-themed golf competition. Yep, that’s right – pirates! Creativity is Queen when it comes to Girls Golf, and we’re not afraid to think outside of the box!
Christmas Crafts 2015 Best Dressed 2015 Chocolate Making 2015 Day out with Jessica Korda
Why Girls Only Golf?
Research and Findings
- Participating in sports/golf is crucial for helping girls develop positive self-esteem and confidence.
- More than 40% of girls drop out of sports all together by the age 14.
- Participation in sports is linked to:
- Better physical health
- Better grades in school
- Lower dropout rate
- Better emotional/psychological health
- Career Boost:
Sports help girls develop leadership skills, self-reliance, and self-discipline. It also enhances girls’ ability to function as part of a team.
- Junior golf programs that offer girls-only programming experience a 50% higher retention rate than those who do not.
- 82% of female executives played either high school or college sports.
- Top reasons girls cited for leaving sports:
- Programming models not fun
- Slow cost/benefit
- Time constraints
- Too much pressure
- Negative experiences
- Top reasons girls cited for joining sports:
- To do something they’re good at
The Women’s Sports Foundation Report: Her Life Depends On It: Sport, Physical Activity and the Health and Well-Being of American Girls, pages 34 - 42
Gillard, A. and Witt, P. (2008). Recruitment and Retention in Youth Programs. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, Volume 26, Issue 2, pages 177 – 188.